Win a £100 Voucher at SimplyGroup.com
With Our Wildlife Photography Competition
We love wildlife photography here at Frontier and we’re on the hunt for a killer shot. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or an eager amateur, we want to see the best you’ve got. Maybe you’ve documented something rare on an exotic adventure faraway, or you’ve simply captured a classic closer to home that you feel deserves to be seenâ€¦it doesn’t matter.
To enter, all you have to do is:
The winning entry will win a £100 voucher courtesy of our friends at The Simply Group which can be spent in any of their stores, leaving you well prepared for your next adventure!
Terms and Conditions
1. Competition ends at 23:59 GMT on the 20th of September 2012.
2. Winners announced shortly after closing date.
3. There is no purchase requirement to enter the competition.
4. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified in the competition. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
5. You may enter the Competition once.
6. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Frontier reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
7. Frontier reserves the right to use entered images in our promotional material, unless otherwise instructed.
8. The competition is open to all citizens around the world, except employees of Frontier. If a winner is selected from outside of the UK postage fees may have to be paid.
9. Frontier may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
Win a Gap Year Survival Package
With Our Adventure Photography Competition
For details on the winning entries, check our blog.
We have a fantastic Gap Year Survival Kit from Camping & Outdoors retailer OutdoorWorld.co.uk to give away. Worth more than £200, this package includes:
- Vango Sherpa 60+10 Rucksack
- Pacsafe Prosafe 800 Rucksack Lock
- TKM Soft Feel Travel Towel
- Gelert First Aid Kit
- TKM Adventurer Mosquito Net
- Vango 10 LED Headtorch
- Leatherman Squirt S4 Multi Tool
- Easy Camp Quantum Lux Sleeping Bag
This prize will be awarded to the winner of our Adventure Photo competiton. This could be anything from an exotic jungle trek, to a particularly adventurous meal, an alarming animal encounter or an adrenalin-pumping adventure sport. Your adventure will be unique and we want to see it. So use your imagination and send us that killer shot!!
We are delighted that Dave Cornthwaite
has agreed to judge the competition. Dave is an adventurer, author and motivational speaker who is known for his incredible adventure expeditions. He is currently planning to raise one million pounds for charity with his "Expedition 1000
", in which he will undertake 25 1000+ mile journeys by non-motorised transport. More information on this expedition is available on Dave's Facebook
Win a Discounted Place on a Wildlife Film Making Course!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALEXANDRA KENT AND CHIP ROY FOR THEIR WINNING ENTRY 'STRANGE MARINE'. CHECK OUT OUR BLOG POST FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE RESULTS!!
We are launching an exciting competition for aspiring wildlife film-makers, giving you the opportunity to win a discounted place on the extremely popular ‘Introduction to Wildlife Film-making’ course from Wildeye!
Not only that, as part of this fantastic prize one lucky person will win:
- Invaluable exposure to NHU Africa, an established and world-class production company.
- Feedback and advice from influential and experienced industry professionals from Wildeye and NHU Africa.
- A selection of eBook titles from the Wildeye publishers on Wildlife Film-making (see terms and conditions for titles).
- A year’s membership to Wildlife-Film.com.
This competition is truly unique and is perfect for aspiring makers of natural history film who want to get their creative video shown to influential and experienced industry professionals from Wildeye and NHU Africa.
Funky Leisure Gap Year Survival Package
Overall Winner: Chloe Rebecca Hatton
Runners-up: Lucy Cunnington, Youcef Amin Litim, Katie Baxter, Scott Broughton, Danny Vowles, Maria Davis, Jake Anderson, Luke Gullett, Danielle Cerrone, Isabel Menssink
We were really impressed with Funky Leisure's adventure travel clothes and gear and asked them to create a Gap Year Survival Kit to give away to one of our community!
They have sent us an absolutely fantastic package worth £270 to give away absolutely free! One lucky winner will win the following kit for their next trip abroad:
- Choice of Altai 70+15 litre Travel Rucksack or Kohima 65 Litre Wheeled Travel Bag
- Snugpak Travelpak Lite Sleeping Bag
- Powertraveller PowerMonkey eXplorer Solar Charger
- Go Rock Portable Stereo Speakers
- Cyba-lite Trio LED Head Torch
- Lifeventure Soft Fibre Advance Trek Towel
- Aquatina Pocket Water Bottle
How do I enter the Gap Year Survival Package Competition?
Simply follow these three easy steps:
1. Go to the eco camping section of the Funky Leisure website and choose your favourite product.
2. Go to the Frontier website and decide which project you would love to take it on.
3. Finally, visit the Frontier Official Facebook page and write your answers on our wall! Don't forget to 'Like' us to keep up-to-date with the latest news.
10 Runners-up get 15% Off at Funky Leisure
Not only that, we want to make sure all Frontier volunteers and adventurers go away with the best kit possible this year. So Funky Leisure have generously offered to give 10 runners-up 15% off any products at www.funkyleisure.co.uk!
Frontier Wildlife Photography Competition 2011: Winning Entries
Thanks to everyone who submitted photos, we have enjoyed seeing your shots and really appreciate the hard work and skill that has gone into capturing them. A quick look through the entries on our Facebook page shows what a difficult task we were faced with in selecting the winners. However, luckily we had some highly regarded help when it came to the big decision.
Hennie van Heerden has experienced a swift rise to fame in the world of wildlife photography. Highly regarded by Canon, she has featured in several of their advertising campaigns, including an amazing television commercial for Canon Japan (below). This year Hennie won First Prize (Birds category) in the ‘National Wildlife Federation Photo Contest’ and was a finalist in the world renowned ‘Veolia Wildlife Photographer of the Year’ competition. We’re very happy to have her on board. Check out her website.
Besides our main judge, we also picked the brains of Frontier favourite Michaela Strachan for her thoughts on the entries. Amazingly, from all of the entries, both Hennie and Michaela selected the same winning photograph.
And the winner is...
Congratulations to Hannah Jasanne Macdonald, winner of First Prize of the Frontier Wildlife Photography Competition 2011 for her excellent picture of a Leopard mother and cub. Hannah takes away a £50 Snow+Rock voucher
“Because of the feeling of tenderness and hope I get from looking at this shot. To me, it illustrates perfectly why conservation is so important!! - Hennie van Heerden
“Beautifully sharp, lovely light and dead cute!!” - Michaela Strachan
Congratulations to Kirk Green, taking Second Prize with his image of a half-submerged crocodilian in Australia. Kirk takes away a £25 Snow+Rock voucher as well as an Oakley t-shirt.
“This shot sends shivers down my spine but at the same time I love the all-green beauty of it.” Hennie van Heerden
Congratulations to Matt Pendry, taking Third Prize for his exciting photograph of a great white shark off the coast of South Africa. Matt takes away a £25 Snow+Rock voucher as well as an Oakley t-shirt.
"A perfectly timed shot and I love the action in it!!" Hennie van Heerden
Check out our Into the Wild blog to see the Frontier Staff Picks.
Closed Competition Details and Winners
The Double Competition closed on 23:59 GMT on the 31st October 2011. We will be announcing the winners shortly.
We are giving you the chance to win a free project with Frontier. You could be taking part in one of five of our favourite projects.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is to send us your best video of your time abroad!
We are looking for videos that show something amazing! It could be a creative video you have made yourself or a clip showing an interesting animal, a memorable sunset or simply you enjoying life on a Frontier project or your own holiday abroad.
Whoever sends in the best video will win a 2 week project to one of our favourite projects or, if you are already booked on one of the projects listed above, a 2 week extension!
How do I send Frontier my video?
It's easy. Simply upload your file to Mega Upload and then send us the link of your video to email@example.com. Alternatively, if your video is already on YouTube just send us the link and we will do the rest.
We are also giving you the chance to win a very special Nikon Coolpix S2500 Digital Camera.
Simply visit our official Frontier Facebook page and press the 'Like' button. We will choose a winner when both competition ends on 31st October 2011!
Terms and Conditions: Double Competition Giveaway
1. To enter the competition send us your videos from your time on a Frontier project
2. Competition ends at 23:59 GMT on the 31st October 2011.
3. Winners announced on the 1st November 2011.
4. Flights are not included in any prize giveaway.
5. There is no purchase requirement to enter and there is no charge associated with the competition.
6. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified in the competition. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
7. You may enter the Competition as many times as you like.
8. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Frontier reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
9. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant Frontier reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
10. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Frontier reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
11 .The competition is open to all citizens around the world, except employees of Frontier.
12. Frontier may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions: Win a Free Nikon Coolpix S2500 Digital Camera
1. To enter the competition visit our Official Facebook page and press the 'Like' button.
2. Competition ends at 23:59 GMT on the 31st October 2011.
3. Winners announced on the 1st November 2011.
4. The competition is open to all citizens around the world, except employees of Frontier.
5. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Frontier reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
6. There is no purchase requirement to enter and there is no charge associated with the competition.